Saturday, September 28, 2013

Like a Boss

Stripes have been a controversial trend as most people see it as something a prisoner in jail would wear or a referee during a soccer game. Stripes can be bold depending on the thickness of the stripe, however, they can work as a neutral. For contrast, a flowered top can be paired with a striped blazer in the same color family and look amazing.

I do not own many striped pieces but do like to add this blazer when I want to do a pop of color on my top to add interest in my look. A basic way of wearing a black and white striped blazer is by adding black bottoms, just as I did with these faux leather panel leggings. For a pop of color I decided to go with a red high-low button up top for a sophisticated look. Gold accessories took this look to the next level by bringing out the gold in my bag and heels. I finished off my polished look by adding a red lipstick and a sleek high bun. 

Have a wonderful weekend!

- Madelleyn





Outfit Details

Top, blazer, leggings, jewelry, and sunnies are from Forever21
MK Rose Gold Watch
Badgley Mishka Shoulder bag (worn as a clutch)
Steve Madden Dyvine T-strap Heels
Rue21 Bun Enhancer

To get this look, you can also wear:

Post a Comment