Thursday, October 17, 2013

Fall Hues

Happy Thursday! Today I mixed different brown tones to complement my olive green skinny jeans. The colors of the leopard scarf tied the outfit together while adding a print to these basic pieces.

Off the subject short story: I purchased "Paint the Town" nail polish by Maybelline which I was super excited about since it is perfect for the fall. I decided to start with my pedicure first and do a few things around the house while they dried. That is when my 14 month old reached for the nail polish and decided to play with it by banging it on the floor - the bottle was closed at the time. As I reached to get it from her,  she threw it against the wall and it broke spilling it all over the place. I wasn't even able to apply a second coat to my toes or even to my fingernails. I was just glad the polish came off my floor. Here is the story behind my mismatched nails : ) 

Now to continue with my OOTD...

I did minor color blocking with dark hues, which is not really a look that I go for. I usually color block with fun and vibrant tones but summer is over so time to wear fall colors. I am really loving my heels! The cognac looks amazing on such a simple heel. I know I will be wearing these plenty of times on warmer days during this fall. I did not want to go for an all black outfit with brown so I avoided black bottoms and I also did not want to do blue jeans since it simply did not look well put together. Therefore, I wore my new olive green skinny jeans to add some interest to the look.

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you enjoy the rest of your day!

- Madelleyn





Outfit Details

Papaya Knit Sweater
Papaya Leopard Scarf
Forever21 Olive Skinny Jeans
Anne Michelle Color-Block Heels
Juicy Couture Chiffon Ruffled Tote

Post a Comment