Thursday, October 24, 2013

Leather Vest and Vintage Flowers

Happy Thursday! The weather is a bit crazy here in Dallas. It seems like the temperature went down and now back up again when we should be having colder weather. I am definitely taking advantage by still wearing summer clothes and adding a few fall elements. I love the print of the jeans I am wearing today. They give off a vintage look and I decided to wear an olive green top to bring out an unexpected color from the jeans. I was going to go for a soft pink top for a feminine look but instead added a darker color for some versatility. I matched a faux-leather vest (previously a jacket) to my handbag and shoes to brighten up my look on this beautiful sunny day. 

Quick DIY: If you have an old faux-leather jacket you no longer wear because your bored of it or whatever the reason may be, you can take some scissors and transform it into a leather vest. I am using a very old faux-leather jacket (I would not use a real leather jacket for this project) that had one sleeve in a pretty bad condition and the stains did not want to come off. I really wanted to wear it and did not own any leather vests so I decided to cut the sleeves out and it came out perfect. I carefully cut the sleeves right next to the shoulder seam. In less than 5 minutes I updated an old jacket into a vest that I will be wearing more often. I can see myself wearing this vest with so many outfits. Remember ladies, leather is back this fall/winter!

Thank you for visiting my blog and I hope you have a wonderful day!

- Madelleyn

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." - Ralph Waldo Emerson






Outfit Details

Top: Dots // Faux-leather Jacket (DIY to Vest): Rainbow // Jeans: Rue21
Bag: Local Boutique // Shoes: Jessica Simpson // Aviators: Ross
Earrings & Rings: Forever21 // Watch: Michael Kors


Post a Comment