Monday, October 28, 2013

Weekend Outfits

Happy Monday! I hope you enjoyed your weekend. Today I am sharing Saturday and Sundays outfits. On both looks, I am wearing skirts that I found at Ross with incredibly low prices. Can you believe that I purchased both for $20.00?! Ross is not kidding when they say you can "Dress for Less" with unbeatable prices.

I kept Saturdays outfit simple and chic in white and black with a deep red lip for a pop of color. The top  features faux-leather sleeves and neckline so I avoided a necklace to reveal this simple yet chic detail. Peplum top, skirts, dresses, etc. are a must in my closet. This design creates curves while slimming the mid section if worn at the smallest part of your waist. I can picture this outfit appropriate for the office (substituting the shoes for low pointed toe heels) and even church (lowering the skirt so it hits rights at the knee). Wearing skirts always makes me feel more feminine and sophisticated so I wore a skirt again on Sunday.

On Sunday I took a risk and wore an asymmetrical skirt with a daring cutout for the first time. I tried many tops on such as button ups and basic shirt which looked good but I thought this velour crop top in black looked great. I was actually going to wear the same black heels from Saturday, but I came across last years cognac leather jacket which I happened to have shoes that matched perfectly with it. Instead of going for a black handbag, I opted for a dark toned faux-leather clutch to match my lips. 

If I had to choose between both looks, Sundays outfit would be my favorite since I tried something new. Which look is your favorite, Saturday in Houndstooth or Asymmetrical Sunday?


Thank you for visiting my blog. Enjoy the rest of the week!

Madelleyn

"The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman must be seen from her eyes because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides." 
- Audrey Hepburn

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday in Houndstooth



Outfit Details

Top: JC Penny // Skirt: Ross // Heels: Local Boutique // Bag: Badgley Mishka 
Earrings: Forever21 // Watch: MK // Sunnies: D&G

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Asymmetrical Sunday





Outfit Details

Top: Forever21 // Skirt: Ross // Jacket: Target // Heels: Local Boutique // Bag: Forever21
Necklace: Forever21 // Earrings: Forever21 // Rings: Forever21 // Watch: MK // Sunglasses: D&G
Post a Comment