Friday, November 8, 2013

Fashion Flashback Friday (Kim Kardashian)

Hello Ladies! Friday is finally here and I came up with the idea of bringing a segment called Fashion Flashback Friday to my blog to recreate celebrities past looks for less. Magazines, google images, instagram and tumblr are great resources when searching for a few outfit ideas. Whenever I need inspiration I simply take a screenshot on my iPad or tear out the page of a magazine to keep for those days when I just have no idea what to wear.

My absolute favorite sense of style is by the gorgeous Kim Kardashian. I have to admit I actually prefer her outfits prior to her pregnancy which is why I went back to pictures of her from 2011. The ensemble I selected (shown below) caught my attention because it is so easy to recreate and I already had similar items in my closet. I do not own a taupe boyfriend blazer as she is wearing but I was able to find a draped leather jacket I could layer over a black tank top. I added a circle scarf in a soft beige to complement the color of my platform pumps. The color of the captoe on her heels and hardware in the clutch is gunmetal so I added that element by wearing a gunmetal clutch. Just like Kim, I did not wear any type of jewelry.

To go for the whole look, I simply tied my second day hair into a bun using my fingers as a comb for a super messy bun. I did not use any hairspray to avoid stiffens so I used a shine spray since Kims bun looks bouncy and shiny. Kim Kardashian is also famous for her contoured cheeks and smokey eye so I could not miss this step. I contoured my cheeks heavily, smoked out my lids with soft browns, added false lashes and kept my lips nude. 

It took me about 30 minutes to get ready with this look since I did a care-free hairstyle but it still looks put together. This look is perfect for an early coffee with a friend, to the airport, the mall or even running errands. I hope you liked my recreation of Kims outfit. I also listed a few items that I found in stock online that would also work for this outfit. Keep a lookout for my next Fashion Flashback Friday post. I will try to do at least one a month. I would love to hear who you would like for me to do next. Have a safe weekend!

- Madelleyn



Outfit Details

Jacket: Romeo & Juliet // Harem Pants: Rue21 // Heels: Charlotte Russe
Scarf: H&M // Bag: Forever21










Similar Items


                      
Forever21 Jacket $21.90                          Express Blazer $108.00                         MK Blazer $1,995.00

                    
Forever21 Harem Pants $14.80                  Zara Trousers $119.00                   Theory Trousers $315.00

                   


                         
Forever21 Clutch $12.80                 Aldo Clutch $40.00                        Prada Bag $850.00



                      
Forever21 Scarf $12.80                            Zara Scarf $25.90                         Loro Piana Scarf $1,150.00
Post a Comment