Monday, November 11, 2013

Pale Pink

Hello to another Monday. This weekend I did not do much so the only time I would say that I really dressed up was on Sunday afternoon. I paired a faux-leather jacket with 3/4 sleeves and a peplum skirt in the same tone to create a "skirt suit." The delicate pink made me feel extra feminine so I wore a pair of iridescent earrings that shined beautifully over this color. For an extra dash of glam, I wore my hand chain that also sparkled. To break up the matching between the black and pink, I added a third color by wearing my new grey bag I found at H&M. The booties I am wearing are about 3 years and have lasted through many wears so I am very pleased with the quality. The color makes it hard to maintain them clean but I have managed to make them last me all these years. Wearing or not wearing tights was a dilemma while getting dressed. It was quite cold outside but I could have handled not wearing bottoms underneath the skirt. I ended up wearing the tights because I felt that the calf circumference was too wide to wear on bare legs. I am glad I made that decision because we did get back home pretty late and the temperature dropped more than I expected. 

Last week I did some shopping and found several cute items with great price points. I am thinking of posting a haul later on today to share my finds. Thank you for stopping by my blog and I hope you have a great week ahead of you!

- Madelleyn


"Be yourself. Above all, let who you are, what you are, what you believe, shine through every sentence every piece you finish." - John Jakes 



What I wore:

Jacket: Forever21 (similar here and here // Tank Top: Forever21 // Skirt: Forever21 (similar here) Tights: Dillards // Booties: Bakers (similar here) // Bag: H&M // Sunglasses: H&M 
Earrings: Forever21 // Bracelet: Rue21


Post a Comment