Thursday, November 21, 2013

Thanksgiving Outfit Ideas

Hello Ladies! I personally think that one should dress up for the holidays and look they're best. Thanksgiving is only a few days away so I decided to put together 2 outfits to give you an idea of what to wear if you plan on dressing up. Whether you are attending a family dinner or going out to celebrate with friends, I would suggest a comfortable pair of heels. I have always been a platform pump type of girl but the low heel trend took over my shoe collection. I am wearing the same pair on both outfits and love how they complete the chic look. The open toe heel may not be such a good idea if you plan on being out so a pair of tights and pumps would also work with any outfit, other than pants of course. 

Outfit number one will most likely be the one I will be selecting for our family dinner. Wearing a sweater tucked under a sequined skirt tones down the glitziness while still looking chic. Layering a statement necklace over a plain sweater adds interest to any look so I added one with holographic stones to complement my skirt. I finished off my look with a clutch than can be worn over the shoulder in black to bring out the darker tones in the skirt. 

A dress that gives off the illusion of being a top and a skirt is a great go to piece for those days that you just don't know what to wear (which is exactly why I decided to style this dress for Thanksgiving). I have seen this particular style at stores like Dillard's and Agaci in different prints, colors and fabrics. The  one I am wearing has the cheetah print on the bottom half which I can style many ways by adding a pop of color in either my shoes or bag. I decided to keep my accessories black and gold for a more sophisticated look.

I hope you enjoyed both outfits and I hope you have a great Thanksgiving day!

- Madelleyn


Outfit Details:

Sweater: Target // Skirt: JC Penny // Heels: Wild Diva // Clutch: Target
Earrings and Necklace: Forever21


Outfit Details:

Dress: Papaya // Earrings, Ring and Necklace: Forever21
Clutch: Target // Heels: Wild Diva


Post a Comment