Friday, January 10, 2014

A dash of leopard

Good morning and happy Saturday! We are now on the 11th day of the year and here goes my second post of 2014. Today was a gloomy and rainy day yet my husband and I managed to shoot todays outfit.   I went for a classic black and white combination as well as some layering. I mixed different fabrics such as leather, neoprene, and chiffon to add some interest to this monochromatic ensemble. I felt that the outfit was too plain and boring so I wanted to add a printed scarf. By the way, I am not really wearing a circle scarf as it may seem. To see how I achieved this simple DIY circle scarf, please follow me on twitter (@instincttostyle) and check out my recent tweet. I've been having a twitter for a while now made specifically for my blog but have not gotten the hang of it until now. I decided to post fashion and beauty tips so stay tuned for more. I hope you enjoyed this quick outfit post and thank you for reading. Have a wonderful weekend!

- Madelleyn 


Enjoy every single moment. The good, the bad, the beautiful, the ugly, the inspiring, the not-so- glamorous moments. And thank god through it all." - Meghan Matt 








Images taken by my lovely husband: Josue Lopez

Top: Forever21 (similar style here) // Leather Jacket: Last Call by Neiman Marcus 
(get a similar one  here) // Skirt: Papaya // Tights: Forever21 // "Scarf": Forever21 (get it here
Booties: Urbanog.com (get them here) // Earrings: Local Boutique // Rings: Forever21 
Watch: Michael Kors // Sunglasses: Dolce & Gabbana 
Post a Comment