Sunday, January 26, 2014

the midi skirt

Happy Monday! I am beginning my week still feeling a bit sick from a cold/flue I caught Friday. My weekend did not go as planned since I stayed in until Sunday morning. The weather was warm so my husband took me and Isabella out for breakfast. I was feeling drowsy so we headed back home to get some rest. I was feeling tired of just being home when it was such a beautiful day outside so I told myself: No Madelleyn, this sickness is not going to ruin your day today! I got semi-glammed up and headed out for a bit.

I was not in much mood to do my make up or hair so I did a natural look with bold lips and a quick bun. You know how sometimes you have those I don't have anything to wear or nothing looks good today days? Well I was having one of those yesterday. I totally forgot I had this skirt and knew that this would be my salvation to my what to wear problem. It was my first time wearing a midi skirt and I loved the fit! To keep the look simple, I wore a white cropped top with a black peplum belt to create curves. For a pop of color and what really made this look stand out were the red pumps.

Have a great week! 

- Madelleyn


"We cannot become what we want to be by remaining what we are."
- unknown 






Photos taken by: Josue Lopez

cropped top: Forever21 / printed midi skirt similar style here / peplum belt: local boutique 
bag: Target / heels: Anne Michelle / earrings, ring, necklace and sunnies: Forever21



Post a Comment