Thursday, January 2, 2014

Welcome 2014! I know you will be a great year

My year started off great spending time with my two loves yesterday. My husband and I made plans to spend the day at a park in downtown to take advantage of the beautiful and sunny weather. The park was extremely crowded and Isabella did not want to wake up from her nap so we decided to change our plans. We put Isabella in her stroller and began a long walk to our favorite spot. 

Approximately 4 years ago, in the same exact bench that is shown on the first picture, Joshua proposed to me. He started the surprise by taking me out to eat for dinner and then brought me to this magical place. He sat me down on that bench, took out the ring and I said yes! Since that day, we haven't gone back so it was a nice way to start off the year in a place that holds great memories for the both of us. How did you start off your new year?


"Let's welcome this New Year with smiles on our faces and hopes in your heart for the best."






Photos by: JL

Pink Sweater: Forever21 // Sequined Top: Papaya // Jeans: Hollister 
Bag: Michael Kors // Scarf: H&M // Sunglasses: H&M // Flats: Agaci
Watch: Michael Kors // Bracelets: Juicy Couture

The casual activities we had planned for the day brought me to this cute and comfy outfit. Lately I have been wearing dark colors with red or oxblood lips so I thought it would be a nice change to wear soft pastels and a pink lipstick. I started with the pink sweater but felt like I needed some sparkle so I layered a pearl colored top with sequins. The day was still a bit windy so I added a beige circle scarf for warmth. The light wash of my jeans complemented the light colors and the bleached effect tied the whole look together. 

Cheers to a fashionable year full of happiness and health!

- Madelleyn

Post a Comment