Wednesday, March 26, 2014

simple in stripes








     Hello! Before I begin about my outfit details I would like to apologize for my bad hair day. It was so windy my fly aways were everywhere! I was going for a messy bun but not that messy lol. I had to continue to fix it throughout the mini photoshoot. I wore this outfit yesterday to spend the day with my husband and Isabella. We had a few errands to run then we headed to my favorite place - the mall. The outfit is super simple so I was debating wether or not to share it. I decided to go ahead and shoot this outfit to show you how simple tops like these can be accessorized for a chic and casual look. 
     I started off my outfit centered around this striped thermal which I believe was from the pajama section. I have worn this shirt several times with different statement necklaces and have received many compliments. This time I decided to layer two seperate necklaces to dress up the shirt. For a pop of color I went for a pink lip which also complemented the bottom necklace. I feel that distressed denim adds the finishing touch to an outfit so I had to wear a recent favorite pair of mine folded up to expose the detail of my heels. 
     Striped shirts can be worn in many ways you just have to accessorize it according to the look you are going for. They can even be paired with another print in the same color family for some patter mixing. A favorite of mine would have to be stripes and flowers which is great for spring. What is your favorite way of styling a striped top?



Old Navy striped Shirt ( I also love this one) / Old Navy jeans / Urbanog heels / Charlotte Russe necklaces (no longer available online) / H&M bag

photos taken by Josue Lopez

Post a Comment