Monday, November 17, 2014

how to style: plaid boyfriend shirt





plaid shirt / camisa - American Eagle (mens)
mock neck top / chaleco - Forever21
boyfriend blazer / blazer - Forever21
tights / mayas - Forever21
over the knee boots / botas - Forever21 (last years)
bag / bolso - Danielle Nicole
necklace / cadena - Wal Mart
watch / reloj - Michael Kors

get this look:


Hello! As you can tell from the title of this post, I will be sharing how I style a plaid boyfriend shirt. I also uploaded a YouTube video on this outfit so you can see how I started off with only a plaid shirt and ended with a chic & preppy outfit. I have been mentioning this so much  but I have a huge obsession of wearing black, white and plaid. While I was getting dresses Saturday morning I wanted to wear this combination but thought it was time to come up with something a bit different than the usual. I was feeling creative and thought I could pull off my husbands plaid shirt as a dress or tunic. I played around with items from my closet and ended up layering a few pieces here and there until I ended with this outfit that I personally love. Check out my How to Style: Plaid Boyfriend Shirt video here or press play:




If you borrow your boyfriends or husbands shirt like I did, here are a few of my tips:

*wear thick tights to stay warm (preferably in a dark color)
*for more warmth, wear knee high socks close to the color of the tights
*if you wear sheer tights you can wear black biker shorts in case the shirt rides up
*wear a blazer in the same tone as the lightest color of the plaid print to brighten up the outfit
*to cinch your waist, you can wear a knit top or sweater like I did or a belt
*the sleeves may be a bit too long so just roll them out and over your cardigan, blazer, etc.
*a statement necklace will help add a feminine touch to the masculine shape of the shirt
Post a Comment